TAMPA, FLORIDA, JULY 20, 2021 – Cadence Rx announced today the appointment of Danielle Lisenbey, Harry Spencer, and Bud Watts to the Board of Directors joining alongside Artemis Emslie and Lisa Hannusch. The joint team of industry-leading experts has a century of combined experience in both building and transforming the architecture of pharmacy benefit management and healthcare space to the next generation.
Artemis Emslie, 25-year industry veteran, founder and CEO, the majority shareholder and corporate President says, “Cadence Rx is pleased to welcome Danielle Lisenbey, Harry Spencer, and Bud Watts to our Board of Directors, their experience will bring creative and innovative solutions that will continue to expand and elevate Cadence Rx into a market leader.”
Cadence Rx Board of Directors include:
- Artemis Emslie, Founder of Cadence Rx in January 2019, has 25 + years of experience in both the workers’ compensation & group health industries. Previously the CEO of myMatrixx, Artemis led the strategic growth of the company from a regional PBM to a national client’s group of all sizes. Prior to joining myMatrixx in 2012, Artemis held senior leadership positions with several companies before launching ProspeRx Solutions, an auditing firm for WC insurance providers. Artemis founded and currently serves on the executive board of the Alliance of Women in Workers’ Compensation, a think tank committed to sharing ideas and mentoring tomorrow’s industry leaders. She also serves on the board of directors for Paradigm Outcomes, Ametros as well as on the advisory boards for Kids’ Chance, AHA Metro Board and the USF School of Pharmacy Advisory Board.
- Lisa Hannusch founded Rhino Inspired, LLC, in 2017. Rhino Inspired supports companies with their strategic directions through consulting engagements and investments in healthcare, insurance, or other related industries. From 2004 to 2017, Ms. Hannusch was the owner and CEO of UniMed Direct, a medical management software and service company. Today, she serves on multiple boards including Crawford and Company, the Alliance of Women in Workers’ Compensation (AWWC), the National Board of Governors for the Human Rights Campaign and is a board advisor for several technology and service companies.
- Danielle Lisenbey, currently President of MedRisk, has over 25 years of experience in the Workers’ Compensation and Disability Industry. Prior to MedRisk, Danielle was the first female member of the Crawford & Company global executive team as Global President of Crawford’s Global TPA division, Broadspire. Her team worked to increase Crawford’s global third-party administration footprint, deliver continuous operational improvement, and develop long-term strategic plans to expand business development and collaborations with clients. Danielle currently serves as a board member for the Alliance of Women in Workers’ Compensation, and previously served for We Go Look, and the non-profit Moving in the Spirit.
- Harry Spencer holds the position of Vice President, Total Rewards at JetBlue Airways. He has more than 20 years of leadership experience managing total rewards at significant organizations (i.e., JetBlue Airways, Time Warner and ExxonMobil). Harry combines his passion for great programs with his finance background to identify innovative plan designs and solutions. His initiatives have delivered millions in annual savings, improved utilization, streamlined the participant experience and bolstered appreciation.
- Bud Watts is the Founder and Managing Partner of Meeting Street Capital, which focuses on early stage software businesses. He also serves as Chairman of the Board of CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM). He previously served as a partner at The Carlyle Group where he established and led its Technology Buyout business and led the firm’s investments in technology companies CommScope, SS&C Technologies (NASDAQ: SSNC), Open Link Financial, Open Solutions, Jazz Semiconductor, and Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE: FSL), as well as aerospace companies Firth Rixson, Sippican, and CPU Technology. Prior to joining Carlyle in 2000, Mr. Watts was a Managing Director in the M&A group of First Union Securities, Inc. He joined First Union Securities when First Union acquired Bowles Hollowell Conner & Co., where Mr. Watts was a principal and advised Carlyle on several transactions. Prior to joining Bowles Hollowell, Mr. Watts was a fighter pilot in the U.S. Air Force. During his service, he was qualified as an instructor pilot in both the F-16 and A-10 aircraft and served in a number of leadership and operations management positions in the United States and abroad.
“We are fortunate to have such a high level of talent and diverse experience which spans across the pharmacy supply chain ecosystem to represent our Board of Directors.” This collaboration of leaders helps to further set Cadence Rx apart as made present by Tim Howlin, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Cadence Rx, commenting “The representation supported by the extensive executive leadership team will help drive the alignment and strategic oversight of Cadence Rx.”
About Cadence Rx:
Cadence Rx, a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise, is a nimble, service-focused workers’ compensation PBM leveraging over 100 years of expertise alongside a proprietary suite of next-generation technologies. Commitment to service is the driving force behind Cadence Rx’s innovation, resulting in cost savings for clients and improved outcomes for injured workers.
For more information, visit CadenceRx.com or follow Cadence Rx on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Cadence Rx Marketing Department